how to head back to school with clear skin and confidence
Summer’s winding down and the new school year is upon us! If that’s got your skin freaking out a little, never fear — you’re in the right place!
We’ve got the how-tos for heading back to school with clear skin and confidence. It all comes down to pin-pointing the reasons for your complexion conundrums and quickly handling them.
- Stressed out? If the stress of the upcoming school year is kicking in, we want to stop you right there! Stress releases a substance in the body known as cortisol, which can cause excess oil secretion that can lead to breakouts. Then you’ll be stressed about the breakouts and that’s just going to lead to more oil secretion and more breakouts and … it’s a never-ending cycle!
- Skipping your routine? Don’t skip your skin care routine. It’s important to use gentle, non toxic products consistently, twice a day. The right system will help keep pores unclogged, balance the oils in your skin, and proactively handle blemishes and irritations. Plan ahead by getting up in the morning with plenty of time to fit in a simple skin care routine before leaving for school and making time to complete it again before bedtime.
- Late nights? Fatigue definitely affects the quality of skin, so it’s time to get your sleep routine back on track! Lack of sleep can cause skin to become dehydrated and unable to protect against external environmental stressors. To make it easier to fall asleep at night, be sure to get regular exercise during the day, which promotes better quality sleep and helps you wake up feeling more refreshed. You can also try rubbing a little sleepy body oil into skin before bed to aid in relaxation and spritz your linens with monster spray, made with lavender and chamomile, which are known to promote rest.
- Poor diet? Been overindulging this summer? Time to rein it in! Boost your intake of antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies, like berries and leafy greens, which can contribute to a healthy complexion.
- A little too hands on? Keep hands away from your face to reduce the spread of germs and bacteria that can cause blemishes, and never pick at pimples. Picking will often introduce germs beneath the surface of the skin, potentially leading to more inflammation, redness, and irritation, and even more pimples.
- Product build up? Choose your hair care products with as much care as you put into choosing your skin care products. Harsh chemicals used in hairsprays, gels, mousse, and other hair products can transfer to your forehead, cheeks, neck, and back, and cause skin irritation and blemishes.
Talk with your pure haven Consultant today about our new 3-step clear up skin care system and other non toxic products to help you transition into the school year without a hitch — or a zit! — and keep your confidence level high.