9 head-to-toe moisturizing hacks using argan oil
Suffering with dry skin is no joke. In addition to the appearance of dry, cracking skin, there’s also the itch. Itchy skin can be extremely uncomfortable and hard to resist scratching, which is likely to lead to further skin irritation.
Argan oil is an excellent hydrator that can help with dry skin issues. It’s rich in omega-6 and omega 9 fatty acids, as well as vitamin e, which can help improve water retention in the skin. Although this amazing ingredient is included in many pure haven products to provide ultra-moisturization, our certified organic moroccan argan oil can also be used on its own for maximum effectiveness. It’s also extremely cost effective, since a little bit goes a long way!
Check out these head-to-toe moisturizing hacks using argan oil:
- Scalp treatment: Ease dry or itchy scalp by massaging a generous amount of argan oil into scalp. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes before washing out.
- Hair conditioner: Use argan oil to make your dry or damaged hair healthy, shiny, and more manageable.
- Deep condition: Coat (but don’t saturate) hair with argan oil. Braid your hair or wrap it in a warm towel and leave on for as long as you can before washing out.
- In-shower application: Work argan oil through hair after shampooing in place of your regular conditioner. If you have thick, curly, or coarse hair, apply to whole head. If your hair is fine or thin, apply argan oil only from middle of length to ends. Leave for a few minutes and then rinse out.
- Leave in conditioner: Apply a small amount of argan oil to hair after showering, then dry and style as you normally would.
- Beard oil: Comb just a drop or two of argan oil through a scratchy beard to soften and style.
- Heat protector: Apply a small amount of argan oil to ends of hair before heat styling to protect it from drying out or becoming frizzy.
- Styling serum: Rub a few drops of argan oil between palms and smooth onto hair after styling for a smooth, glossy, frizz-free finish that hydrates and heals. Just be sure not to use too much or you’ll risk having your hair look limp or greasy.
- Facial moisturizer: Smooth a drop or two of argan oil onto face and neck after cleansing. Don’t worry! Argan oil won’t make skin oily. It has sebum-reducing capabilities that can actually help decrease total sebum and reduce oiliness.
- Lip smoother: Mix argan oil with white or brown sugar to create a paste that makes a great lip scrub that gently exfoliates and hydrates at the same time.
- Skin soother: Argan oil is great for relieving dry, red, itchy skin. Use after shaving for soft, smooth legs. Share with your special guy to help soothe razor burn on his face and neck.
- Nail strengthener: Apply argan oil to nail beds to limit nail breakage and produce a healthy shine.
- Foot fixer: Apply small amount of argan oil to dry, cracked heels before bed. Be sure to put on clean socks to avoid staining your sheets. You’ll wake up with soft, nourished feet!
Talk to your pure haven Consultant about how our moroccan argan oil and other pure haven products can help solve your dry skin woes.