7 simple steps to alleviating maskne
Everyone from healthcare workers to elementary school students are finding themselves wearing masks these days. Whether for an extended length of time (essential workers, we see you!) or just here and there throughout the day, regularly wearing masks can lead to breakouts, redness, and irritation, otherwise known as “maskne.”
Try following these seven simple steps to alleviating maskne:
- Wash with warm water and a gentle cleanser. It’s important to choose a cleanser that will remove dirt and oil without disrupting your healthy skin barrier. Refresh cleanser with pre+probiotics gently removes impurities without stripping skin. Our pre+probiotic ingredients feed and balance skin, preserving hydration and leaving skin feeling fresh.
- Nourish and hydrate skin with lightweight moisturizer. Refresh moisturizer with pre+probiotics is perfect for daily use. It nourishes skin with beneficial ingredients that defend against everyday stresses and leave you looking simply radiant.
- Add hyaluronic acid to your skin care routine. Hyaluronic acid has soothing, anti-inflammatory properties that help moisturize and calm skin. Apply to skin when it’s moist, after applying toner or moisturizer, or add directly to your moisturizer for ultimate hydration.
- Spot treat breakouts. Pure haven blemish stick with probiotics is made of skin-rejuvenating ingredients to help prevent breakouts, reduce redness, and keep skin clear. Probiotic ingredients help reduce inflammation.
- A couple times a week, treat yourself to a different kind of mask. Our purifying charcoal mask with pre+probiotics contains montmorillonite clay and charcoal to help clarify and detox your complexion.
- Keep makeup to a minimum. When you do wear makeup, be sure to choose non toxic products. Since your eyes are visible over your mask, play them up with safe black eye liner and mascara. For the rest of your face, moisturizing is key, so we recommend using tinted moisturizer to help enhance your natural beauty while soothing and hydrating your complexion. You’ll also want to clean makeup brushes regularly, which will help keep irritants away.
- Make sure your mask is clean. Wash by hand or toss in the washing machine with pure haven laundry detergent after every use. By washing your mask in non toxic laundry detergent, made completely fragrance free (like all our products), you won’t have irritating ingredients left behind in your mask to stress your skin and you won’t be breathing in harmful toxins.
Ask your pure haven Consultant about safe products that can help with your maskne and other skin concerns. Our non toxic skin care system has benefits beyond maskne, helping to promote a healthy skin barrier and defend against the effects of aging, pollution, and everyday stressors.