7 suggestions for staying focused when working or learning from home
Many of us are finding ourselves working from home this year. Maybe it’s a short-term situation, maybe long term, maybe full time, maybe part time — who knows? Some of us also have new, not always cooperative co-workers: our kids, who suddenly find themselves learning from home, too.
The transition to this at-home status alone is stressful enough for both adults and kids, never mind simultaneously juggling roles as parent, teacher, child, and student.
If you and your new co-workers are finding it difficult to stay focused during these unprecedented times, try following these seven suggestions for success:
- Set up dedicated workspace for yourself and your child. When you’re in that space, it’s time to get down to business. That means no TV nearby – that’s a huge distraction – and you’re better off at a desk, table, or counter than on a couch or easy chair where your posture and energy will deteriorate.
- Eat right. Good nutrition is important for helping you find and maintain focus. Be sure to start your day with a healthy breakfast and take a lunch break. Plan out some easy, healthy snacks for when energy levels dip.
- Stay alert. In addition to keeping your body hydrated, which can affect your energy levels and brain function, by drinking lots of water, be sure to keep your skin hydrated. A spritz of pure haven refresh toner with pre+probiotics on your face will help hydrate and balance your skin and feels super refreshing. You can also try diffusing essential oils like our certified organic sweet orange or peppermint, known for uplifting and energizing mind and body, throughout the day.
- Ban social media. We all know that social media sucks you in and can be a huge time waster. Avoiding it during the work/school day is a must in order to stay focused and productive.
- Don’t procrastinate. When you put things off until later in the day, it just makes your day longer and creates more stress.
- Get up and move. Whether you make time to go to the gym, take a quick walk around the neighborhood, or just get up and about in your home or backyard, physical activity is super important. Taking an exercise break will help keep you in better physical shape and provide a much-needed brain boost.
- Get a good night’s sleep. After dinner, try diffusing lavender or tranquility essential oils in your home to help calm body and mind and aid in more restful sleep. Spritz your kiddos’ rooms with monster spray to help calm and relax them before bed and apply sleepy body oil to your own neck and temples to help relieve any anxiety so that you can enjoy a good night’s sleep as well.
Your pure haven Consultant likely has more tips to offer for staying focused while working from home, as all our independent Consultants have the freedom to run their business where they choose and on a flexible schedule that suits their needs. If you’re interested in a unique income opportunity that comes with a generous 30% product discount, be sure to ask!