Lash and brow primer is exactly what it says it is – it’s a product that prepares your eyelashes and eyebrows for mascara and brow products. If what you desire is longer, thicker, more voluminous lashes and smooth, conditioned brows, using a lash and brow primer is for you!
Primer helps create a smooth surface on your lashes to make mascara application much easier while also lengthening and lifting. Apply primer before using a volumizing mascara to make your eyelashes even more voluminous.
How to use lash and brow primer on lashes: Start with a clean face, free of any leftover mascara that can reduce the primer’s effectiveness and cause newly applied mascara to clump. Be sure to have your mascara handy for application immediately after your primer. Apply primer to lashes from base to tips, wiggling the applicator a bit to separate lashes and ensure complete coverage. Follow right away with mascara. If the primer dries completely before putting on your mascara, you may get clumps. Apply mascara using the same method, swiping the wand from base to tips, wiggling the applicator along the way. Be sure to coat your corner and bottom lashes.
Alone, primer will help smooth and condition your eyebrow hairs. It helps brows appear thicker, fuller, and healthier, and gives them a more defined, polished look. It will also help create a smooth base for eyebrow pencil, gel, or powder, if you choose.
How to use lash and brow primer on brows: Using short, quick strokes, comb the primer applicator through eyebrows. Apply in an upward motion for the inner edges of your brows, turning outward slightly as you approach the ends.
picking the right product
When shopping for a lash and brow primer, it’s important to know which ingredients to avoid and which will provide optimum performance and results. We suggest looking for one that includes these key ingredients:
- coconut fruit extract: Provides non-irritating, effective moisturizing and conditioning benefits to eyelash and eyebrow hair.
- niacinamide (vitamin B3): An essential component of living cells, this ingredient is helpful for improving the overall appearance of hair and skin. It can help to revitalize and minimize hair fall.
- panthenol (vitamin B5): This ingredient helps restore shine and luster and improve tensile strength, preventing breakage. It also has moisturizing, soothing, and anti-inflammatory properties that benefit the skin around lashes and brows.
- pullulan: A great addition to mascara products, pullulan has coating and film forming attributes that lift and lengthen the lashes without clumping. This ingredient is a water-soluble polysaccharide derived from fermenting starch syrup.
- sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid): A natural substance that’s plentiful in our bodies when we are born and decreases with age, this ingredient locks in moisture to keep lashes and brows from becoming dry and brittle.
- tocopherol (vitamin E): With amazing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, moisturization, and photoprotective properties, vitamin E helps lock in moisture and protect the skin at the base of lashes and brows while promoting healthy hair follicles.
The easiest thing to do when choosing a lash and brow primer is to shop with a manufacturer you know and trust for safe, effective products. All Pure Haven products are made with the purest non toxic ingredients following our stringent development, formulation, manufacturing, and packaging processes. Connect with your Pure Haven Consultant today to learn more about our lash and brow primer and the rest of our makeup collection. Ask about other products in our complete line of trustworthy products for you and your family, too.