seven simple swaps for a non toxic new year
Making a plan to go non toxic and wondering where to start? There are some toxic items that you can just skip all together (hello, bleach?!) and then there are the necessities – I mean, what are you supposed to do, not brush your teeth?!
Well, you’re in the right place. Finding a brand that you trust to be completely non toxic is a great starting point. Pure haven products are all 100% toxin free, made with only the safest, most effective ingredients available.
From here, you can make changes over time, with simple swaps to rid your home of the products that cause the most toxic exposure so that you can protect yourself and your family from long-term harm.
- Toothpaste. Ingesting too much fluoride can cause a variety of health issues. This ingredient is the by-product of copper, aluminum, and iron manufacturing and it can accumulate in the body, leading to discoloration of teeth, demineralization of bones, and even renal failure. When it comes to toothpaste, going fluoride free is an easy everyday switch.
- Deodorant. It’s no secret that many deodorants are made with toxic ingredients. They are often loaded with aluminum, phthalates, triclosan, parabens, and other ingredients linked to health conditions like cancer and reproductive development issues. Since deodorant is an everyday product, sometimes applied more than once a day, it’s important to switch to a non toxic option to avoid exposure to these harmful toxins.
- Skin care. So much of what you put on your face to clean and care for your skin is labeled to make it look like what you want but it’s actually toxic and could be causing more damage in the long run. Non toxic skin care products made with the purest prebiotic and probiotic ingredients promote a healthy skin barrier and defend against the effects of aging, pollution, and everyday stressors, leaving you with a beautiful, glowing complexion.
- Makeup. High levels of a marker for toxic PFAS have been discovered in makeup products purchased throughout the United States and Canada. PFAS are known as “forever chemicals” because they can bioaccumulate and remain in bodies over time. They’ve been linked to cancer, thyroid disease, liver damage, decreased fertility, hormone disruption, and more. Pure haven mascara, clear shine lip gloss, and tinted moisturizers were recently named among the Best Green Beauty Cosmetic Brands Sans PFAS “Forever Chemicals.” Switching to these core beauty products will help remove the threat of PFAS and any other toxins from your daily routine.
- Shower time. Are you and your family members lathering yourselves from head to toe in toxins with every shower or bath? Fragrance, sulfates (ingredients that make a product sudsy), and toxic preservatives in shower and bath products can be dangerous, linked to a wide range of toxicity issues like breast cancer and reproductive harm. Swap your box-store body wash, shampoo, and conditioner for non toxic body and hair products to protect your family from the unwanted consequences of shady ingredients.
- Surface cleaners. What are you wiping your counters, sinks, and tubs with? If it’s not non toxic, you could be exposing yourself and your family to countless harmful ingredients, like ammonia and bleach, which can irritate eyes and throat, cause headaches, and even lead to cancer. Don’t risk it. Instead, use surface cleaner and scrubbing cleanser made with only safe ingredients.
- Laundry supplies. If your laundry supplies are toxic, you’re exposed to those harmful ingredients nearly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via your clothing and linens. Common detergent ingredients include formaldehyde and dioxane, each of which is identified as a carcinogen, and ammonium sulfate, which can cause eye, skin, and lung damage, even with minimal exposure. Go for a non toxic laundry detergent and stain remover to eliminate exposure to those dangerous chemicals all together.
Making the switch to non toxic with these everyday items, the constants in your home, will go a long way to reducing your exposure to harmful ingredients. Pure haven is a one-stop shop for everything you need for your home and family (including your furry family members!). We are committed to developing only safe, effective products made with fresh, non toxic ingredients. Ask your pure haven Consultant about the products mentioned above as well as our other products to help you keep your resolution to make 2022 a non toxic year!