8 tips for kicking cold and flu symptoms to the curb
Sniffles and throat tickles are rampant this time of year and trying to avoid them can seem futile. While there’s no cure for the common cold or seasonal flu, it is possible to find relief without turning to harmful toxins. As you wait for symptoms to run their course, increase self-care with pure haven non toxic products. Here’s how:
- Stay home and rest. Call in sick to school or work and skip other outings to keep from spreading germs and give your body some much-needed rest. Stay in bed or curl up on the couch with a good book or movie and relax so your body can concentrate on healing.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Water, juice, tea, broth — it all counts when it comes to hydrating your body while suffering with a cold or the flu.
- Wash your hands often. Keeping hands clean will help limit the spread of germs to family members (and possibly back to you!). Wash with our moisturizing hand soap to prevent skin from drying out in the process. This distinctively formulated soap is both gentle and effective.
- Relieve your headache. There’s nothing worse than a headache that just won’t quit. Find relief with the help of our easy-to-use headache stick*. Rub onto temples, forehead, neck, or under nose and breathe in the therapeutic scent of peppermint essential oil.
- Treat yourself to a comforting bath or shower. Use pure haven cold relief body wash* to help relieve symptoms while you wash. Our refreshing combination of eucalyptus and tea tree essential oils will help open airways while copaiba oil helps relieve body aches and stress.
- Soothe body aches. Slather skin with our non greasy body and chest cold relief cream*. With a natural blend of eucalyptus, tea tree, and copaiba oils, it’ll ease body aches as well as the discomfort of a stuffy nose and chest congestion.
- Calm your cough. Use our soothing chest rub*, made with lavender, pink grapefruit, and lemon essential oils. It’s safe and effective for helping loosen congestion.
- Diffuse essential oils. Aromatherapy is a popular and effective method for self-care and can be particularly helpful when you’re feeling sick. Choose high-quality essential oils for the greatest benefit. Lemon essential oil is known to help clear nasal passages, while lavender helps relieve stress and fatigue. Be well, pure haven’s unique blend of lemon, eucalyptus, tea tree, and peppermint, supports breathing, and five defense, a blend of clove bud, cinnamon leaf, rosemary, lavender, and eucalyptus, helps defend against stress.
Whether you’re interested in safely soothing cold and flu symptoms, looking for great skin care products to help reverse the signs of aging, or trying to eliminate toxins from your family’s everyday routines, your pure haven Consultant can help. Reach out today to learn more.
*Pure haven limited release wellness products are available December 1, 2020-March 31, 2021, or while supplies last.