Ah, winter. We have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with this season. Sure, it’s a great time to experience fun activities like sledding and skiing, cozying up by a fireplace with a good book, building snowmen and catching snowflakes on your tongue with the kiddos … but it has its downsides, too.
Things like dry skin, chapped lips, and staticky hair can be a real nuisance this time of year. Adding insult to injury, lots of products on store shelves promise help with these winter skin woes but they’re made with harmful ingredients that can cause negative short- and long-term health effects.
Naturally, our #1 solution for winter skin woes is to go non toxic.
Pure Haven offers one-stop shopping for all you need to banish these seven winter skin woes with non toxic formulas that are safe for the whole family:
- Dull, dry complexion: The refresh skin care with pre+probiotics consists of five core items that are daily essentials for clean, hydrated skin. You’ll also want to exfoliate 2-3 times a week to smooth your complexion and prep your skin to receive the benefits of those skin care must-haves. Winter is also the perfect time to add a serum.
- Chapped lips and cheeks: Our 3-step lip care system (lip balm, sugar lip scrub, and overnight lip mask) is perfect for protecting lips and treating dry, chapped, skin. Before a day out in the cold, windy weather leaves you with rosy, chapped cheeks swipe mom balm across cheeks for protection and again later for relief.
- Sunburn: Yes, sunburn, even in the winter. No matter what climate you’re in, the sun is still shining, even through clouds. Plus, if you live in or visit snowy areas of the country this time of year, the sun’s rays reflect off the snow and back at you, pretty much doubling your exposure. Make sure non toxic sun protection for lips, face, and body is part of your daily routine.
- Cracked knuckles: A daily (or multiple times daily!) preventative combo of Pure Haven hand cream with pre+probiotics and cuticle balm with probiotics does wonders for protecting the skin on your hands and around nail beds. When the skin on your knuckles gets cracked, apply cuticle balm to knuckles and rich, soothing sweet orange dream cream all over hands.
- Flyaway hair: The cold, dry, winter air can make your hair react in crazy ways. Calm the static with regular use of our super-nourishing supergreens deep conditioner, detangler, and thermal protection mist. Smooth flyaways with a touch of Moroccan argan oil or even mom balm.
- Legs as dry as the Sahara: Treat your legs to a spa day! Our sugar body scrub in lemon and pink grapefruit offers amazing micro-polishing benefits that smooth skin while olive fruit oil hydrates and softens. Finish with body oil and/or body butter to seal in moisture and maximize hydration.
- Sensitive shaving areas: The skin under the hair on legs, underarms, and mustache/beard area can get just as dry and sensitive as any other part of our skin. Tackle stubbly areas with our shave gel, enriched with essential oils to soften hair and moisturize and protect the skin beneath it while allowing for a close shave.
For these and more non toxic winter skin solutions, contact your Pure Haven Consultant today!