why you need a whiff of citrus right now
Just one whiff of citrus and we’re simultaneously invigorated and relaxed. Ever wonder why that happens?
Studies show that limonene, found in the peel of many citrus fruits, has that effect. It’s often used in aromatherapy as an anti-stress and anti-anxiety agent, lending a general feeling of uplift and well-being.
As we all endure never-ending worries and general unease related to the current COVID-19 crisis, a whiff of citrus could do us all a world of good, and pure haven delivers. Several pure haven products include essential oils derived from citrus fruit rinds (and consequently, limonene), ready to keep us feeling more uplifted and energized, as well as calm and composed
- Grapefruit: Used to reduce stress, stimulate circulation, increase energy, and enhance mood.
- Lemon: A powerful calming and mood-improving agent, lemon is known for its ability to reduce anxiety and boost your brainpower.
- Lime: The uplifting scent of lime helps promote mental clarity and encourage positivity. It works to alleviate feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Mandarin Orange: Well-known for it’s uplifting nature, which calms the mind and eases stress, and refreshing, relaxing aroma.
- Tangerine: A great pick-me-up, with a revitalizing aroma that can help lift your spirits, tangerine also has a calming effect and works as a relaxing agent, reducing tension, and alleviating mood swings and nervousness.
Contact your pure haven Consultant today to learn more about the products available that offer a refreshing citrus scent, including long-time favorites like our sweet orange bar soap, sweet orange dream cream, and body butter with pre+probiotics.
D’Allessio PA, Bisson JF, Béné MC. (14 Apr 8). Anti-stress effects of d-limonene and its metabolite perillyl alcohol.