6 Benefits of Using Charcoal in Your Skincare Routine
When you think skincare, you probably envision something light and creamy. Then the dark, tough charcoal craze comes along.
Charcoal seems to be in everything lately, from toothpaste to shampoo, soap and more. Although it may be dark, charcoal is only tough on the impurities in your skin. Used in skincare products, charcoal is known to help improve texture and remove dead skin for a revitalized appearance.
Bamboo charcoal, the key ingredient in pure haven charcoal detox face mask, is produced from the rapidly growing moso bamboo. This plant can grow two feet or more in a single day, reaching maturity in approximately five years, which means it’s environmentally sustainable.
Although its advantages are plenty, here are just six benefits of using charcoal in your skincare routine.
- Charcoal is proven to adsorb thousands of times its own mass in harmful substances. The longer you let it sit on your skin, the more effective it’s going to be. That’s why cosmetic chemist Ni’Kita Wilson recommends getting your charcoal fix from a mask.
- According to beauty, health and wellness blogger, Cari, charcoal minimizes the appearance of pores, helping to achieve a flawless complexion.
- Charcoal absorbs minerals, toxins, impurities and other substances from your skin, leaving your skin stronger and healthier.
- It exfoliates dead skin cells and stimulates new growth, leaving skin smooth and supple.
- Charcoal is great for cleaning oily and acne-prone skin, helping to pull excess oil away and reduce shine.
- It’s especially useful if you live in an urban area, where your skin is constantly bombarded with pollutants – charcoal fights back!
Have you used charcoal-based products in your skincare routine? We’d love to hear your results! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Bamboo Charcoal? Ever Bamboo.
Bamboo Charcoal Powder. SC Group.
Cari. Beauty Benefits of Activated Charcoal for Skin and Hair. Everything Pretty.
Early, Alexandra. (18 Jul 2017). What Does Charcoal Do for Skin? LiveStrong.com.
Emerson, Ramona. (9 Nov 2016). Is Activated Charcoal Really the Secret to Perfect Skin (and Teeth)? Allure.