10 Tips for Winter Wellness
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s important to take time to relax and take care of yourself so you don’t get run down and sick. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so try one, a few, or all of the preventative tips below to help you enjoy winter wellness this year and encourage loved ones to follow suit.
- Steer clear of toxic ingredients. Traditional winter weather personal care products sold in stores are loaded with harmful ingredients like camphor, menthol, petroleum, and more. Not pure haven products! Our limited release wellness* collection is loaded with safe, non toxic ingredients like eucalyptus, rosemary, and copaiba to help alleviate cold and allergy symptoms. Try our soothing chest rub* and body and chest cold relief cream* next time you’re looking for relief from cold and flu symptoms.
- Fit in fitness. Fight the urge to hibernate through the winter. Incorporate fitness into each day, whether at home, in a gym, or while out and about. Simply taking a walk around the neighborhood will do. Whatever gets you moving!
- Take a breath. In addition to colds and allergies that cause stuffiness and congestion, dry winter weather and constant exposure to indoor heating can sap nasal passages of natural moisture and cause inflammation. A few sprays of cold relief mist* in the air around you, during your shower, or even onto a tissue nearby can help open airways so you can breathe easier this time of year.
- Clean up. Tackling clutter can create a sense of peace and purpose. Pick a room that you’ve been putting off for a while and go to town. Maybe it’s a closet, medicine cabinet, or corner of your yard or garden that’s gone neglected and needs a little attention. Once you straighten up, take the time to recognize and feel proud of your accomplishment.
- Enjoy a bath. Instead of rushing through a shower, treat yourself to a relaxing bath. Set the scene with non toxic candles and relaxing music, then soak in a warm bath. Treat yourself to the rejuvenating scent of eucalyptus, rosemary, and tea tree oils with cold relief body wash* (also great for shower time!) as you wash away the stress of the day.
- Create positive energy. Donate some time or items to a local charity. Spend quality time with family. Reach out to friends you haven’t spoken with in a while. Connecting with community near and far is a win-win for everyone.
- Say no, thank you. The coming weeks are likely to get hectic. Don’t feel bad about saying no now and then. Sometimes a night in with no commitments is just what you need to recharge for the next string of busy days.
- Wash your hands. Germs are lurking everywhere. Be sure you and your family members wash your hands thoroughly throughout the day to minimize the spread of germs. Wash for at least 20 seconds with moisturizing hand soap that won’t dry and strip skin. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or hands on the go when you’re out and about and unable to wash with soap.
- Get your vitamin D. Vitamin D plays an essential role in supporting the immune system, maintaining mental health, supporting bone health, and more, and sunlight helps your body make it. With limited daylight hours in the winter months, it’s important to make the most of it by getting outside as much as you can. Even just five or ten minutes outside each day to enjoy the scenery and breathe in the crisp, refreshing winter air makes a difference. Just be sure to protect against sun damage (yes, even during the winter!) by using a non toxic sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or greater.
- Be kind to your skin. Watch out for chapped lips, cracked hands, and red noses this time of year and treat them to solutions made from safe, gentle, non toxic ingredients. Pure haven’s three-step lip care system — lip balm, sugar lip scrub, and overnight lip mask — helps relieve chapped lips while our hand cream with pre+probiotics and cuticle balm do wonders for cracked hands. Daily or even multiple times a day, reach for refresh moisturizer with pre+probiotics to safely soften your nose and the rest of your complexion and help protect from further damage.
* Available through February 28, 2022, or while supplies last. Ask your Consultant for details.