Going without makeup can be so freeing and looking great is totally possible with proper nutrition, hydration, rest, and skin care. But there are occasions when proper nutrition, hydration, rest, and skin care fall to the wayside or a special event calls for something a bit more “done up.” Or maybe you just like the look of a little makeup now and then — or every day!
Choosing makeup that’s safe is where the real challenge lies. Most makeup products contain toxic ingredients like phthalates, parabens, PEGs, fragrance, silicones, and petrolatum. Even products marketed as “clean” or “organic” often contain harmful hidden ingredients. And the writing on makeup product labels can be teeny-tiny!
When you find a manufacturer that you trust, it makes the makeup shopping process a whole lot easier!
Like all Pure Haven products, our makeup collection is made with only safe, non toxic ingredients. A bonus when you use Pure Haven makeup is that it looks great while working behind the scenes to hydrate, lift, and soften skin and strengthen and prevent loss of eyelash and eyebrow hair. The key ingredients in this collection include:
- Mango butter dimer dilinoleyl esters/dimer dilinoleate copolymer: This is a really big phrase for a simply magnificent naturally derived skin moisturizer. It’s a great replacement for paraffin, lanolin, and petroleum derived ingredients. This is a 100% vegetable derived ingredient from mango butter and rapeseed oil and is readily biodegradable. When used in lip care it greatly enhances shine and hydration, softens the lips, and spreads easily. When used in skin care it increases hydration, creates a barrier to avoid trans epidermal water loss, and softens the skin. This ingredient is used in our lip plumping gloss and volumizing mascara.
- : Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide is non-gmo, non-nano, halal, and kosher certified. It’s helpful for improving the overall appearance of skin and hair. It can help to even out skin complexion and improve texture. In haircare products, it can help to revitalize and minimize hair fall. This ingredient is used in volumizing mascara, lash & brow primer, and all skin tints.
- Also known as vitamin B5, panthenol helps restore shine and luster to hair and strengthen and protect each strand by giving it a protective coating. It can also be used in skin care since it has moisturizing, soothing, and anti-inflammatory properties. This ingredient is used in volumizing mascara, lash & brow primer, and all skin tints.
- *: This biodegradable, non-gmo, naturally derived ingredient used to replace petrolatum in cosmetics is created using a by-product from the papermaking process. It gives the same hydrating and protective feel as petrolatum without the toxins. This ingredient is used in lip plumping gloss and all multi-sticks.
- acetate*: This is a renewable, biodegradable, non-gmo, and natural alternative to low viscosity silicones, which give a slippery, silky, and light feel to cosmetics. This ingredient is used in all multi-sticks and all skin tints.
- Polyglyceryl-6 distearate: A 100% naturally derived and PEG-free emulsifier that comes from non-gmo rapeseed oil and RSPO palm oil, this specific ingredient gives a uniquely soft, powdery feel to skin care and cosmetic products. The gentleness of this ingredient also makes it ideal for sensitive skin. This ingredient is used in volumizing mascara.
- Pullulan: Used in skin care formulas for its amazing instant skin lifting properties and wrinkle tightening and diminishing effects, pullulan is also a great addition to mascara products due to its coating and film forming attributes which lift and lengthen lashes without clumping. This ingredient is used in volumizing mascara, lash & brow primer, and all skin tints.
- Undecane*: These ingredients are renewable, biodegradable, non-gmo, and natural alternatives to low viscosity silicones. They have a light, spreadable feel. These ingredients are used in all multi-sticks and all skin tints.
- This form of vitamin E is used in cosmetics and personal care products for its anti-inflammatory, moisturization, and photoprotective properties. It helps to lock in moisture and protect the skin to keep it looking radiant and healthy. This ingredient is used in volumizing mascara, lash & brow primer, lip plumping gloss, all multi-sticks, and all skin tints.
Contact your Pure Haven Consultant today to learn more about our makeup collection and other amazing non toxic products. Pure Haven products are always made with safe, effective, non toxic ingredients so you can shop worry free, with confidence that what you bring into your home is safe for you and your loved ones. We will never compromise.
*Mainly sourced from Southeastern USA Pine Trees. Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Since this ingredient is derived from trees, our supplier has partnered with One Tree Planted in its commitment to sustainability.