Feel like going non toxic is too much of a hassle and maybe not really worth the hype? Although it may seem overwhelming and some may say, “Eh. We’ve been exposed to toxins for this long and we’re fine,” non toxic living is absolutely worth it. It could even change your life!
The amount of toxins and pollutants that accumulate in the human body over time is called body burden. The toxic ingredients used to make traditional products contribute to body burden, which can cause a variety of negative health effects like cancer, respiratory harm, genetic mutations, decreased fertility, Alzheimer’s disease, and more.
The good news is that body burden can be reversed when exposure to toxic chemicals is eliminated. Taking steps to remove chemicals and contaminants can help to:
- Reduce your own risk of side effects from toxic products.
- Decrease your family members’ risk of poor health.
- Clean up the air quality in your home.
- Protect the environment.
- Improve your nutritional intake.
Even small changes over time can make a huge difference, but the sooner you make them, the better it will be for your health and peace of mind. Take these steps to start making non toxic living a priority in the New Year:
- Consult this handy ingredients to avoid list.
- Take inventory of the products you already have stocked in your home that have any ingredients to avoid on the label.
- Get rid of those toxic products, either with a mass purge or as you need to restock them.
- Filter/distill tap water to remove contaminants before drinking and/or cooking with it.
- Consume a diet rich in clean, whole foods.
- Reach out to your Pure Haven Consultant to learn about their favorite non tox products and discuss which ones would be right for you and your family.
Here’s to a non toxic New Year and a long, healthy life!