According to this article in Psychology Today, “Being grounded is the ability to be completely aware and conscious during the present moment. If you’re grounded, you practice a deep sense of mindfulness and rarely think about ‘what ifs.’” Being grounded can give you a general sense of well-being and help you feel rooted and calm from within.
Performing deep breathing, meditation, and mindfulness exercises can get you on the path to being more grounded. Couple these exercises with aromatherapy to maximize the experience.
Scent stimulates a response that typically affects different aspects of the brain and the central nervous system. Try different scents and scent combinations to find what works best for you. Here are some of our favorites:
- pure joy: This limited release collection gets its unique scent from a blend of essential oils known for their grounding properties, including rosewood, grapefruit peel, palmarosa, bitter orange, black currant, and nutmeg. The collection is comprised of a rollerball scent and firming body oil, so you can layer the scent and reapply as needed throughout the day.
- candy cane: Here for the holidays, our limited release candy cane collection gets its grounding aromatherapeutic power from peppermint leaf, vanilla fruit, and spearmint extracts.
- honey and fig: A combination of fig fruit, jasmine, rose, lavender, and patchouli oils make our limited release honey and fig shampoo, deep conditioning hair mask, and texturizing hair gel stand out when it comes to helping you be more grounded. Let this scent keep you in the moment as you perform your hair care routine.
- tea tree: Energy, focus, and optimism are the order of the day when your day includes tea tree essential oil, a key ingredient in several Pure Haven products, including beauty booster, charcoal detox shampoo, and deodorant. Tea tree essential oil is also available while supplies last. Try diffusing it or placing a few drops onto a tissue and inhaling deeply to reap its grounding aromatherapeutic benefits.
- peppermint: Uplifting, calming, and known for encouraging self-acceptance, concentration, and relaxation, peppermint essential oil (available while supplies last) can be diffused in your home or added to a carrier oil like our certified organic mom and baby body oil to create a grounding aromatherapeutic massage oil. You’ll also find peppermint in our supergreens, foot therapy, deodorant, and glass cleaner products, among others.
- sweet orange: Available while supplies last, sweet orange essential oil helps relieve tension and encourage joy, positivity, and self-confidence. Reap the benefits of sweet orange by diffusing the essential oil or using our sweet orange shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, dream cream, and more.
- eucalyptus: Restore emotional balance and gain mental motivation, energy, focus, and optimism with the help of eucalyptus essential oil (available while supplies last). Use eucalyptus and peppermint together to encourage grounding, help reduce stress, clear your mind, and connect with yourself.
Ask your Pure Haven Consultant about the products mentioned above and others to help you become more grounded and achieve your other wellness goals.