7 Tips for Winter Wellness
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s important to take time to settle down, relax, and take care of yourself. Try one, a few, or all of the tips below, perfect for introducing and maintaining wellness in your life now and throughout the new year.
- Take a breath. In between your everyday hustle, find time – even just five or ten minutes – each day to get outside, enjoy the scenery, and breathe in the crisp, refreshing winter air.
- Fit in fitness. While cooler weather sometimes makes us feel like hibernating, it’s important to exercise. Do something that makes you feel good, whether it’s taking a walk around the neighborhood, lifting weights, taking a yoga class, or some other physical activity that gets you moving.
- Diffuse essential oils. Ward off stress, odors, and the common cold with be well to support a healthy home.
- Clean up. Tackling clutter can create a sense of peace and purpose. Pick a room that you’ve been putting off for a while and go to town. Maybe it’s a closet, medicine cabinet, or corner of your yard or garden that’s gone neglected and needs a little attention. Once you straighten up, take the time to recognize and feel proud of your accomplishment.
- Enjoy a bath. Instead of rushing through a shower, treat yourself to a relaxing bath. Set the scene with non toxic bath salts.
- Create positive energy. Donate some time or items to a local charity. Spend quality time with family. Reach out to friends you haven’t spoken with in a while. Connecting with community near and far is a win-win for everyone.
- Say no, thank you. The coming weeks are likely to get hectic. Don’t feel bad about saying no once in a while. Sometimes a night in with no commitments is just what you need to recharge for the next string of busy days.
For additional tips and safe, non toxic products to help you enjoy a season — and a lifetime — of wellness, contact your pure haven Consultant today.
Dimataga-Fernandez, Edna. (27 Sept 2017). 4 Whole Health Tips To Enjoy Autumn & Get Ready for 2018. The Wellness Institute.