6 smart suggestions for fool-proof holiday travel
The holiday season is a notoriously busy time of year for travel. Whether you’re planning a trip to see family and friends or escape them (hey, no judgement here!), think every step through ahead of time so your vacation doesn’t get derailed. Start with these six smart suggestions to help you make it a success:
- Keep your dates flexible. Consider traveling a little earlier to or staying longer at your destination to take advantage of better transportation and accommodation rates and avoid risk of delays or cancelations.
- Don’t overpack suitcases. Trust us, you need less than you think. Plus, packing lightly will help you avoid overweight baggage fees. Be sure to leave extra room in your suitcase for any gifts or souvenirs that will travel back home with you.
- Pack only carry-ons if you can. You’ll get through airports and train stations quicker and easier than if you check baggage. You’ll also be making a more environmentally friendly choice, since the heavier cargo is, the heavier your plane, train, or automobile is, which increases carbon emissions.
- Bring your non toxic products with you. You don’t want to spend your precious vacation time scouring stores for non toxic options (and you’re unlikely to find them in big box stores) and you don’t want to risk an adverse reaction to your host’s or hotel’s toiletries. Pack your non toxic necessities and skip potentially harmful compromises. That being said …
- Remember TSA rules. If you’re flying to your holiday destination, all liquids in your carry-on must be no more than 3.4 oz each and fit into one 1-quart bag. Plan ahead by ordering your non toxic must-haves like supergreens shampoo and conditioner, sweet orange dream cream, and sunscreen in convenient travel sizes.
- Pack essentials in your carry on. This includes your wallet, passport, toiletries, prescription medications, and a change of clothes in case your checked luggage is lost, plus toner, lip balm, and headache stick for use along the way.
Reach out to your Pure Haven Consultant today for the non toxic products you need for your upcoming trip. Be sure to ask about their travel plans, too, including the next Pure Haven beach getaway and how you can join us for FREE!