3 reasons why you should choose sunscreen lotion over spray
With nearly 10,000 people in the United States diagnosed with skin cancer every day (according to the American Academy of Dermatology), there’s no doubt that using sunscreen is a necessity. In addition to cancer, too much sun can also make your skin susceptible to discoloration, freckles, dryness, and signs of premature aging.
However, while there are countless sunscreen options out there, lotions and sprays are the only application methods available, and one is clearly superior. Here are three reasons why it’s important to think twice before reaching for that spray:
- It’s harder to know if you’ve applied enough of a spray sunscreen or if you’ve applied it evenly, which can leave you at risk of sunburn in certain areas.
- Although it seems easier to apply, spray sunscreen presents risk of inhalation.
- Sprays can be a fire hazard.
Additionally, choosing a mineral sunscreen containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide is preferred over chemical sunscreen, as it sits on top of skin to help physically shield it from harmful UV rays rather than absorbing them.
Additional tips for optimum sun protection:
- Apply sunscreen no matter how long you’ll be out in the sun.
- Choose sunscreen that provides at least SPF 30 and offers protection from both uva and uvb rays.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going outside and reapply every 80 minutes, as well as after swimming.
- Wear sunglasses with UV protection and wide-brimmed hats.
- Avoid exposure when the sun’s rays are strongest, generally from 10:00 am. – 2:00 p.m.
Pure haven offers a lightweight, easy-to-apply sunscreen and face sunscreen lotion* made with non-nanoparticle zinc oxide. They’re both formulated to help prevent sunburn and overall skin damage caused by the sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
Contact your pure haven Consultant today to get your safe, effective sunscreen products, made with only 100% pure, non toxic ingredients to protect you, your family, and your summertime fun!
*Pure haven face sunscreen lotion is a limited release item, available through September 30, 2021, or while supplies last.